Straight from Gould's Twitter account, @emilygould, here are some typical musings.
• "feels like yr only options on Twitter are to take things FAR too seriously or FAR too lightly"
• "the main injustice of my not being rich is that I would be SO good at it. I know everyone thinks that, but I REALLY would."
• "sometimes I question my right to tell everyone what book to read next and which are the best leggings. but then I think if not me, who"
• "I wish I was a better photographer. My cat deserves better, Maybe i should take a class"
• "why did I waste years trying to be 'cool' when uggs are so comfortable and froyo is so delicious"
• "starting to suspect that trying to work w this pile of unpaid bills next to me is not inspiring me in the right way"
• "U can win a Pulitzer but if yr a chick and yr book is abt one they'll still put a woman in a wheatfield on yr cover"
• "I can't die yet. I have so much left to accomplish. Novels to write. Levels of Kim Kardashian Hollywood to conquer"
• "Pretty sad that by the time I become really successful I'll probably be too mature to be vindictive about it."