21 June, 1825
Bishop Philander Chase gives a sermon at the Mount Vernon Court House on the Public Square.
Harcourt Parish is organized in Gambier.
Ohio Diocese meets in Mount Vernon and approves contract to purchase 8,000 acres for Kenyon College.
Mount Vernon Episcopalians decide to form a parish. Chase lays cornerstone for Rosse Chapel on May 4.
First permanent Kenyon College building (Old Kenyon) is completed.
2 February, 1830
Meeting is held to discuss building an Episcopal church in Mount Vernon.
Major meeting is held concerning the construction of St. Paul's Church on April 12. Cornerstone laid on May 8, with Chase presiding.
A lyceum is formed in Mount Vernon to promote literary and other intellectual programs (although it is not the first such organization).
17 August, 1831
Chase appoints Rev. William Sparrow, a Kenyon professor, as rector of the new St. Paul's Parish. He serves in that capacity until February 1834.
12 September, 1831
St. Paul's Church opens for service. The sale of pews begins. Chase departs Kenyon, while construction of Rosse Chapel remains in abeyance.
Construction of St. Paul's Church is completed.
Businessman Timothy Rogers constructs the Kenyon House, Mount Vernon's first brick hostelry, sometime in this period.